First, some basic rules for logos.
- You should have the master copy of your logo. This allows for editing and changes later on.
- The master file should be made in a vector program such as Illustrator so that you or your designer can scale it up to any size you need.
- You need a horizontal and vertical version of your logo. Consider all of the places your logo will be placed; website, hats, t-shirts, car wraps, business cards, and more and more…
- For online profiles, be sure to keep your logo image size smaller than 200KB, best if it were under 100KB.
Below is a list of standard dimensions based on more popular sizes. Then there are some optional dimensions for other social media or mobile options.
Now a list of logo dimensions
Popular Social Media
- Facebook: 180 x 180
- Google+: 250 x 250
- Twitter: 400 x 400
- YouTube Channel icon: 98 x 98
- LinkedIn: 300 x 300
Logos for Websites
- Favicons: 16×16, 32×32, 48×48
- Website Horizontal
- 250 x 150
- 350 x 75
- 400 x 100
- Website Square or Vertical: 160 x 160
More Logo Dimensions To Consider
Instagram: 110 x 110
Pinterest: 165 x 165
Mobile App Icons
- iPhone 6S, 6+: 180 x 180
- iPad: 152×152
- Android: 192 x 192 px
- Windows: 62 x 62